- 1 How long after taking Flomax will a kidney stone pass?
- 2 Should I take tamsulosin in the morning or at night?
- 3 When is the best time to take Flomax?
- 4 Should Flomax be taken at night?
- 5 Does Flomax make you pee more?
- 6 When does Flomax start working?
- 7 Is tamsulosin like Viagra?
- 8 Can I take Flomax twice a day for kidney stones?
- 9 What is the most common side effect of Flomax?
- 10 Can you drink coffee while taking Flomax?
- 11 Can you take 2 Flomax a day?
- 12 Why do you have to wait 30 minutes after you eat to take Flomax?
- 13 What drugs should not be taken with tamsulosin?
- 14 What drugs should not be taken with Flomax?
- 15 Does Flomax help erectile dysfunction?
How long after taking Flomax will a kidney stone pass?
His team found that 28 days after visiting an emergency department for any size of kidney stone, 87 percent of patients treated with tamsulosin and nearly 82 percent of those treated with a placebo passed their kidney stones.
Should I take tamsulosin in the morning or at night?
If you can, take tamsulosin in the morning, after breakfast or the first meal or snack of the day. This is so the highest levels of medicine are in your body during the day and gives you the most benefit when you are most likely trying to pee. It’s best to take it at about the same time each day.
When is the best time to take Flomax?
Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually once daily, 30 minutes after the same meal each day. Swallow this medication whole. Do not crush, chew, or open the capsules.
Should Flomax be taken at night?
Dosage for Flomax Take the first dose at bedtime to minimize the chances of getting dizzy or fainting. After the first dose, take your regularly scheduled dose 30 minutes after the same meal each day.
Does Flomax make you pee more?
By preventing the receptors from absorbing alpha1, a hormone that causes the muscles to tighten, Flomax helps to increase the flow of urine and keep the enlargement of the prostate from squeezing the urethra.
When does Flomax start working?
6. Response and effectiveness. Peak concentrations are reached within four to five hours when taken on an empty stomach or within six to seven hours when taken with food. May take up to five days before the full effects of Flomax on urine flow are achieved.
Is tamsulosin like Viagra?
Both Flomax (generic name tamsulosin) and Viagra (generic name sildenafil) are medications prescribed to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which causes an enlarged prostate. Flomax is an alpha-blocker prescribed to treat difficulty urinating a symptom of BPH.
Can I take Flomax twice a day for kidney stones?
Flomax is taken as a 0.4 mg dose once per day to facilitate kidney stone passage in symptomatic individuals.
What is the most common side effect of Flomax?
The most common side effects include dizziness, runny nose, and abnormal ejaculation, including: failure to ejaculate. decreased ease of ejaculation. ejaculation of semen into the bladder instead of out of the body.
Can you drink coffee while taking Flomax?
Alcohol increases the risk of side-effects from tamsulosin, such as feeling faint or dizzy. Consider reducing or stopping the amount of caffeine you drink (commonly found in tea, coffee and cola). Caffeine can make your symptoms worse, so drinking less of these things may benefit you.
Can you take 2 Flomax a day?
Do not take two doses at the same time. If you stop or forget to take Flomax for several days, talk with your doctor before starting again.
Why do you have to wait 30 minutes after you eat to take Flomax?
What is the dosage for Flomax (tamsulosin)? The recommended starting dose is 0.4 once daily about 30 minutes after the same meal time each day. When taken on an empty stomach, more of the medication is absorbed. This could cause a greater effect and potentially a drop in blood pressure.
What drugs should not be taken with tamsulosin?
Examples of drugs that can cause interactions with tamsulosin are listed below.
- Acid-blocking drug. Taking cimetidine with tamsulosin can increase the levels of tamsulosin in your body.
- Antidepressant (SSRI)
- Antifungal drugs.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) drugs.
- Other benign prostatic hyperplasia drug.
- Alpha blockers.
What drugs should not be taken with Flomax?
FLOMAX capsules should be used with caution in combination with moderate inhibitors of CYP3A4 (e.g., erythromycin), in combination with strong (e.g., paroxetine) or moderate (e.g., terbinafine) inhibitors of CYP2D6, in patients known to be CYP2D6 poor metabolizers particularly at a dose higher than 0.4 mg (e.g., 0.8 mg
Does Flomax help erectile dysfunction?
Flomax (tamsulosin hydrochloride) and Cialis (tadalafil) are used to treat the symptoms of a prostate gland condition called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH, a noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland) and Cialis is also used for treating impotence (erectile dysfunction, or ED).